Monday, September 15, 2014

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

The cool weather the last few days have really gotten me in the mood for all things fall- especially mouth watering desserts and drinks that feature the tastes of the season!  Today one of my friends asked that I share one of my favorite pumpkin recipes and I immediately thought of this cake!

As an Agriculture Teacher and FFA Advisor, fall also means that National Convention is just around the corner!  It is an amazing site to see 56,000 of our nation's best and brightest gather in their blue corduroy jackets- and the pride and enthusiasm they have for the agriculture industry!  Several years ago, while walking through the FFA Career Show, I picked up a handout from an Indiana Egg Cooperative that had the following recipe featured in it, and had to try it when I got home!  It was love at first bite!  I was so proud and excited that I made one to take to my Grandma (who is a wonderful cook and fabulous baker) who laughed and pulled out the same recipe from her recipe box that she had discovered the week before!  I hope that you and your family enjoy this easy dessert as much as we have!

 Pumpkin Crunch Cake

  1. 1 can Pumpkin Puree (15 ounce)
  2. 1 can Evaporated Milk (12 ounce)
  3. 4 Eggs
  4. 1 1/2 cups Sugar (white)
  5. 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
  6. 1 teaspoon Salt
  7. 1 pkg. Yellow Cake Mix (18.25 oz)
  8. 1 cup Chopped Pecans
  9. 1 cup Butter, melted
  10. 8 oz  Cool Whip
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt.  Mix well and spread into the prepared pan.
  3. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture, and pat down.  Sprinkle with the chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix and drizzle with the melted butter.
  4. Bake 60-80 minutes, or until done.  Top with whipped topping when ready to serve. 
Makes 1 9x13 cake

No comments:

Post a Comment